Tuesday, August 19, 2008

While drinking rhubarb tea on an autumnly day.

More new stuff. I put a picture up, a picture of one of my windows. This is because philosophers are those whose task is to show what others cannot see clearly: the doors, the windows, the open spaces out there, out of the dark and into the sun... At least if we take Plato's cave example literally. It is a huge responsibility and a life's work, while I often have the impression I just manage to confuse others and myself, too. Cannot stop thinking though.

Also because I like this slice of my appartment more than any other. The corner that makes me feel home.

***

I get lost in wikipedia regularly. The amount of information packed in there is unbelievable, and have opened my eyes for many things my high school history/geology/society/... books never managed to. This morning I got stuck with China. Did you ever consider how there is actually only one country between Finland and China? It is true Russia is such a vast area one cannot even comprehend. However, it is also just one common neighbour between finno-ugrian rye bread and mandarine duck. The world is so small and so overwhelming at the same time. And I so want to know more about it.

***

Yesterday I borrowed a few impressively big books loaded with heavy philosophy issues and I am sure I looked very dignified carrying them in my arms back home. Here they are now, waiting for me at the corner of my desk, and I am still trying to make up my mind on which one I would use my next week and a half's desperate attempt of studying - even though I couldn't be less motivated for exams just yet.

In the meanwhile I search through the wonders of the world and write my blog in all peace and harmony of mind.

No comments: