Sunday, May 3, 2009

May!

Somehow I always end up here when I should to be writing a school paper. Willing to be positive, one could see it as a warm up for writing - or then as just another excuse not to do anything when the stress grows overwhelming, something very characteristic for me. I am eagerly waiting to be done with the following weeks; this time on Sunday three weeks ahead I can finally wish good holidays to my pupils, to my studies, to my own dance stuff and start preparing for the trip, that is still a little mystery even to me, where it is going to take me to. Never mind all the rest, I am just so impatient to see my Gilmore half again and visit some of those lovely European cities I've been longing for throughout the long spring of work work work.

Starting my paper today I read a little more of one Auschwitz survivor, Primo Levi. (Worth to google.) Once again the reason I chose to do my research on this subject became so evident - it's simply following the legacy we were left with.

In spite of my hating these Finnish folks' festivities because of how people "celebrate" those, I had a great Mayday weekend under the long awaited sun, with good friends and good stuff (food, puzzle, pictures, walks, talks and naps with a furry friend). I lost my voice, though, nothing political included, but it's slowly coming back, too. Green things and singing birds, come! I'm ready for the summer.

No comments: