Tuesday, May 19, 2009

And another one

In Amélie there is a scene where she is cooking and pours boiled pasta into a strainer, and she looks down to the neighbour's - the Glasman's - appartment through the window and her friend's cat that's always visiting is spinning about her feet. And the music takes one immediately to Paris, to the small alleys of the Latin quarter and parks and shops and créperies on the streets.

The first time I saw the movie was with a good friend and we were 18 years old, about to leave the high school soon and we knew exactly how one's mind could make such images and ideas come and go. Not much has changed since then. Some time ago I was cooking in my kitchen, listening to Amélie's soundtrack and funnily enough happened to pour my boiled pasta through a strainer while the same music was playing as in the scene in the movie. For too many occations I feel such an Amélie and even though it is among my favourites of movies, I would once in a while be glad if I could help it. Because sometimes one should to dare to live. Dare to love.

And then again this Amélie plans on how to do little things to the neighbours and friends and how to make her plants grow and feel well and what else. How to make an Amélie to grow and feel well; that is the question. Because the only thing an Amélie really dares to do, is to dream. Good, but not good enough.

No comments: