Sunday, January 6, 2008

Good beginning of the new year

During the past ten days I travelled all around the country with two of my good friends. Ten days full of mixed languages, cultural wonders, cooking, baking, laughing a lot and talks of life and basically everything important. Questions and issues aroused were various, surprising and sometimes quite humorous...

What is the difference between reindeer and elk? What is the difference between elk and moose? What do reindeers eat and where do they sleep? And which animal is Bambi?

Returning back to normal life feels at the same time weird and comforting. I still feel my best safety lies in normal life and routines of every day, seeing the people around me here, going to the university and lunching in Ilokivi, doing things that make every day life feel good and balanced. I am happy to meet friends again and have some nice courses in my timetable (oh yes, this semester I am going to be a real student since long time...), happy to have some routine and things to do from morning to evening.

But I do miss you again so much, my French friends. The good thing is, there is always the next trip ahead to plan. Prague? Vienna? New York? Scotland? Don't know yet, but the world is open to those whose heart lives within friends who are not always here. With our experience of some years already, I know we'll meet again, sooner or later. Hopefully sooner.


Have a happy beginning for the New Year 2008, all of you! Thoughts and chocolate philosophy goes on. And finally it's snowing!

No comments: